This mod has the sounds of a Caterpillar, model 3408 V8 eight cylinder engine, with the most realistic torque measurements possible. It contains the electronic ignition of the engine. Adapted to versions 1.39 and later made in FMod, according to SCS requirements.
You will find seven horsepower options for this engine ranging from 400HP up to 800HP. It also includes a 15 speed compound transmission with 6 final drive ratio options (from vanilla 3.23 up to 4.63)
1. 3408 T DI: 400 hp @ 2100 rpm, 1200 lb/ft @ 1400rpm
2. 3408A TA: 450 hp @ 2100 rpm, 1460 lb/ft @ 1400rpm
3. 3408B TA: 500 hp @ 2100 rpm, 1616 lb/ft @ 1400rpm
4. 3408B TA: 540 hp @ 2100 rpm, 1746 lb/ft @ 1400rpm
5. 3408E TA: 600 hp @ 2300 rpm, 1950 lb/ft @ 1400rpm
6. 3408E TA: 700 hp @ 2100 rpm, 2250 lb/ft @ 1400rpm
7. 3408E TA: 800 hp @ 2100 rpm, 2600 lb/ft @ 1400rpm
Please do not change in the mod data, or it may cause game errors. If you know how to modify them, you are at your own risk and expense, and don’t share it with anyone other than yourself.
Thanks to vsTerminus for the permission to use their sound mixes, and to YouTube user gm16v149, for recording it.
Before installing the mod, it is recommended to switch to another engine from another mod, and then remove the mod from the old version and then install this new one. Enjoy them!
Functional for versions 1.39 to 1.45 of American Truck Simulator, with sound support in convoy mode included.
Available for the following trucks:
– 9400 (Slava1)
– 9900i (SCS)
– 9900i (Cartruck)
– 9300 (Panther)
– Argosy (Harven)
– Coronado (Stas556/Dmitry68)
– FLB (Harven)
– Classic XL (odd_fellow/BSA)
– FLC (XBS)
– FLD (Harven)
– AT (XBS)
– K100 (CyrusTheVirus)
– K100e (Overfloater)
– T610 (GTM)
– T800 2016 (Yanred/GTM)
– T800 (GTM)
– W900a (Bigddady)
– W900b (GTM)
– W990 (Harven)
– 379 (Stas556/Fox071rus/dmitry68
– 567 (GTM)
– Superliner (RTA)
– Chu613 (FranckPeru)
– Ultraliner (CyrusTheVirus)
– Titan (GSC/Mahad110)
– 4900 (Yukonjack/Alpi0120)
-Addition of motor load, engine brake and exhaust tracks.
-Some fixes for volume bending on audio tracks.
-Added International 9900i (SCS).
-Fixes for sii files data that was throwing errors and warnings to the game.
Note: It is recommended to maintain game volume levels when using this mod in the attached image.
eelDavidGT (conversion to FMod), vsTerminus (sounds recording), gm16v149 (original sounds), Kapitan Kriechbaum (sample exhaust sounds).