The Peterbilt 379X is a Limited Edition version of peterbilts legendary 379.
The Peterbilt 379X was only in production from 2004-2006 with an estimite of only 2000 units produced and was geared towards owner operaters. Special Edition 379X only came in solid colors with chrome accents which included chrome front fenders and silver trimed dashboard.
This 379X model was only offered with a caterpillar engine mated to a 18 speed transmission. The Standard 379X special Edition rolled off dealer lots with a 550 horsepower power plant, but with a special request owner operaters would bump the power up. The 379X was only available with a 70 inch unibilt sleeper ultra cab and was not offered in a tri-axle ,lift axle configuration.Any Lift axle configurations seen on the 379x was retro fitted by a private shop. All units produced as a 379X came with the extended hood which was bbc 127 inches. The regular 379 models came standard with bbc 119 inch hoods.
– Dealer Peterbilt;
– Cable support;
– 1 cabin;
– 3 types of chassis;
– 5 engines;
– 6 transmissions;
– 1 interior option;
– Support Sisl’s Mega Pack;
– Support for DLC “Steering Creations Pack”.
15.01.2022 – fixed fender gaurds clipping through the headlights
Fixed interior sunvisor reflection.
Fixed cabin light shining to the floor from external view.
Fixed over blown light flares.
Animated windows roll up & down
Weigh station Device
Add new bumpers with light nodes for extra lights
Updated for 1.42
– Added new engines: Caterpillar 475 straight pipe, Caterpillar 475 stock;
– Set up the light on the air filter on the passenger side;
– Driver’s side mirror is set up.
– Added 4 new exhaust pipe options;
– Fixed front fender guards locations (more realistic look);
– Fixed exhaust with peterbilt logo on shield pipe height;
– Small fix to truck exterior model;
– Fixed Mud flap bolts.
Original authors: Josh farley (REDNEK), PsyOdinAde Customs
Current authors: Thomas Parham, Chief86, Bansheewoj
Engine sounds and engines: SCS Software
Headlight upgrades: Joko_P